Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiscombe video

Shaun_E

• Support Team

My T2

matching the chairman's time exactly.

Well done to Stuart for his fantastic time and new class 4 record beating all of class 5 (as did Mike S).

It was a great day and it was hot and dry once the fog had lifted *eek*.

• Support Team

Yes it was a draw in 5. I can still see where I lost time but bits of that run were close to the edge. It was nowhere near as exciting as Gill's T1 when the bolt fell out of the LH radius arm *eek* halfway between Gate and Sawbench. I think it's the first time a car has ever gone sideways the full length of Castle straight *smokin*. I'll post the video tomorrow.

Looks like we're going to Anglesey *wink*.

Yes my T1 was an interesting run!

The first 23 seconds or so of the run had gone well and I was willing myself to be braver and go faster through the twisty, narrow, dark section when the back of the car tried to overtake the front. I didn't think I had put my foot down that much but backed off a bit anyway to take control back.

Then the front wheels seemed to encounter some 'black ice' (which I thought was a bit weird too, given that no-one else had mentioned it and it hadn't been there in practise)! I realised that something had happened at the back of the car, but more urgently that the first hairpin was imminent. *eek*

I took it steady and managed to get round it safely and just concentrated on getting up the hill to the next hairpin and around it *eek* *eek*

The journey back down the hill was even slower and more nerve wracking - the steering wheel and the front wheels were not cooperating with each other and half way down I realised that I was steering to the left in order to travel straight on.

Thankfully the only damage that was done was to my time ☹️ and Shaun didn't miss a run *rolleyes*

I have learnt that my reactions and car control are better than I thought they were *smile*

Edited by - Gill E on 11 Sep 2012 18:08:32