Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage Door Locks

rgrigsby

Based on a recomendation from Blatchat I bought two of these for additional garage security.

However unfortunatly the design of my garage door and frame means they aren't going to be much use so they are up for sale.

I paid £60 for the pair, one is unopened the other has been opened which is when I discovered it wasn't going to work!

How does £45 + P&P/Gonads (They are quite heavy!) sound?

Cheers

Rob

Just an idea , i had to do something similar with my dads b

Door & we got some metal strip,about 7mm thick & screwed this down the outside.

This stopped the wood from being forced /split.

I agree with bob - keep at it, im going to try now

I've just had exactly the same problem. 1980's Cardale T&G doors with ali frame and galvanised steel bracing.

The Asec bolts won't fit horizontally on my doors so spent 4 hours (don't ask *mad*) fitting the first of 4 of these things verically (2 garage doors) only to find that my most powerful mains hammer drill and v. expensive 15mm masonary drill bit came to a dead stop on some flint buried in the aggregate floor. Short of kangoing a bloody great hole and re concreting it all, I am now bu$$ered.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that its a waste of time anyway, since one good boot with my size 10's would probably go straight through the timber T&G door anyway.

New doors, I suppose *eek* *mad* ☹️ *thumbdown*

Mine are mounted vertically into holes drilled into the concrete floor and positioned for there is about 1.5inch of bolt going into the floor. I used a couple of of cuts of wood to make up a spacer through which I bolted the lock to the door using teh supplied dome heading bolts. Good product with a very clever key, but I wont talk about that in public *tongue*