Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where to buy parts

PizzaOvenKing

Hi,

I wonder if you can assist... I am looking to buy some bits a pieces for the car and wonder if there is a one stop shop so I am not wasting a fortune on shipping.

I'm looking to get the following bits:

*arrowright* Oil for my LSD

*arrowright* Additive for my LSD (over kill i am sure with LSD oil but its not going to hurt)

*arrowright* Temperature sensor to be screwed into my appolo for the oil temp

*arrowright* Nice switch to switch between water and oil temperature

*arrowright* Gear box oil - 6 speed box

*arrowright* Engine oil

*arrowright* Oil filter

*arrowright* Fan belt

The car is a 1.8 K series.

I will then have to ask Brian Soaper nicely 😬 if I can borrow his pit to carry out some of this work. Then as Rich to assist with the oil temperature switch wiring.. we could copy of his car.

Cheers everyone *wavey*

Agree with Ian.

As an aside Lestyn, interested in reading your description of the car on your addy.

I didn't think any SLRs were made in 2003............I got mine in 2002 and had murder with Caterham when they changed the spec to R400 whilst mine was on order.

Also when you say R300 injection I take it that's roller barells?

Sounds like a super car though *thumbup*

I'm looking to get the following bits:

Several options: including Caterham themselves who will have most bits but consider these options

Oil for my LSD: Opie Oils? L7C discount

Additive for my LSD (over kill i am sure with LSD oil but its not going to hurt) Opie Oils? Ask them for advice

right arrow Temperature sensor to be screwed into my apollo for the oil tempDon't know, mine had one in it

Nice switch to switch between water and oil temperatureI got one from Maplin - momentary action, so press to check oil, release to return to coolant - one of these, if I remember correctly

Gear box oil - 6 speed box Opie Oils again

Engine oil Opie Oils again they will advise.

Oil filter Opie Oils again

Fan belt local motor factor?

Edited by - Rollbar on 5 Sep 2012 12:36:01

Quoting kenny.: 
Agree with Ian.

As an aside Iestyn, interested in reading your description of the car on your addy.

I didn't think any SLRs were made in 2003............I got mine in 2002 and had murder with Caterham when they changed the spec to R400 whilst mine was on order.

Also when you say R300 injection I take it that's roller barells?

Sounds like a super car though *thumbup*

You are correct I think, the car originally left the factory just a super light. One of its previous owners had more money than sense.. well thats not entirely fair, I should say had a passion for the loud noise and speed the upgrades would give him... The car was handed back to Caterham Cars who replaced the engine, replaced the ECU, lightend fly wheel and new Throttle bodys, the car was handed back a super light R spec.

When you say you read my addy, where is this? Was this my introduction page or something else? Just keen to change the R300 injection to R300 style roller barrel throttle bodies.

Thanks for the advise so far.

Edited by - Iestyn on 5 Sep 2012 12:43:44