Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New owner with tyre question...

Looptheory

Hi ,

Sorry for bringing up tyres and i have searched quite a bit about them here and have a question i couldn't find the answer for.

Having checked my car it has Yokoham A021r 185/70 on the rear and Goodyear GT2 175/70 on the front.

Now i get the feeling the tyres are quite old and am looking to change all 4 with new A021r's . What is the significance of the differing size of my fronts and rears , should i keep the same sizes or get 4 new tyres with the same dims?

Kev

Sounds like a good excuse for a blat to George Polley near March (PE15 0JR) can't be that far away from you.

He usually has the best price for 185/70x13 A021r - can't be beaten for all round use on the road IMHO

What ever the difference in tyre diameter is the handling will be so much better with 21's all round I wouldn't worry.

Edited by - John Hughes on 4 Sep 2012 16:29:39

That'd raise the front by 7mm if I got my maths right... Not an expert, but not sure you'd notice the difference
Particularly if it wasn't ever set up for different front/rear rubber I the first place! Could be a big improvement.

You should have 10-15mm rake (rear higher than the front) - search the archives for advice on this.

Steve

He is not the uk importer of Yokohama tyres- Yokohama control that side . He is the Small oval supplier as well as other race series ie Sports 2000, some Caterham 7 series and lots of road use tyres.I believe Autocross in Bracknell sell Yokohama rallycross tyres .

Regards

Richard