Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GENESIS in car power amps.......

EFA

Not ideal for your Seven, but for the mobile audiophile Genesis are the Naim of the ICE world.

Two Power Amplifers from Genesis - an innovative and successful British company, we are dedicated to the design and production of the highest quality In-Car amplifiers. Every Genesis amplifier is carefully hand assembled from start to finish, and tested to the most stringent standards using state of the art equipment.

Genesis amplifiers provide the standard against which others are judged by a number of prestigious European magazines, and by numerous Car Audio dealers around the world.

As with most things British, understatement is the order of the day. The power ratings are as conservative as the design is elegant, and the musical performance must be experienced to be believed.

I have two amps for sale: a SM60 and a Q240 - specification is as follows:

SM60 - 2 x 60w RMS

Q240 - 4 x 120w RMS

These amps all have gold plated RCA inputs and spade terminal output connectors. they are variable gain and are physically quite small and finished in silver extruded aluminium chassis section.

For sale at: SM60 £150, Q240 £300. £400 the pair.

I also have a Kenwood Xover graphic and the Kenwood MP3 playing CD head unit to go with all this. These are available for £50 and £200 respectively.

I think even Julian will agreee these are really good kit.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

A few years ago I`d have taken these amps.....

Back in my I.C.E. days I remember seeing them at a show.....beautiful pieces of kit and the sound was fantastic too.....can`t remember the speakers they were using.......whoever sold the amps sold the speakers too......high end stuff anyway.

Anyway all my spare cash goes on se7ening now......

I remember sitting in the Rockford Fosgate van.....all doors closed and they put on the Michael Jackson Dangerous CD.....Track 8 Black or White. Well you know the bit where the dad thumps on the kids bedroom door.......well through a bank of subs behind me it nearly blew my head off *eek*

Of course the coolest part about ICE was finding a track that would make your hair vibrate....

We found the best was some clasical music played on a pipe organ. Forget drum and bass this stuff is seriously low frequency.....you feel it more than hear it......The engine tends to struggle with it a bit as well as the amp draws the power to cope........

Our amp blew up shortly after that

😳 😳 😳

Anyway a four cylinder on full throttle in a tunnel sounds much better 😬

Simon

S2 8ELL

Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp

Can confirm that these are the BEST amps you can get for automotive use, I have (gulp?) compeated the UK sound-off competition circuit with these a few years back 😳(Out & out sound quality!, no boom stuff here! 😬)and won with them, They are VERY, VERY good (as Jue Thompson can confirm!) Anyone out there wanting to upgrade their tin top's sound should consider these!

*tongue* *tongue*

ps. You won't find this at hellfreulds 😬

Martin

MW 51 CAT

WARNING - PROFESSIONAL THREAD HIJACK IN PROGRESS ------------

Martin, have you heard the new MB Quart Q Reference drivers?

foooooooooook they sound good. Close on 500 sovs a pair, like, but they'd sound great powered from a whacking big Genesis amp. Actually I'm having a bit of a love affair with this year's Kenwood amps (I know this sounds mad but you listen to a 2002 Kenny).

Ahem.

Sorry. 😬