Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Blue Book query...(again)

Sgt Pepper

Just means I'm lumped in the same class (combined road-going and modified) as the SBD Westies at Brighton this year ☹️

Actually that's the same as last year except the Westies were in the Sports Libre class.

Best polish the trophy and say goodbye to it *rolleyes*

As the class I entered at Brighton is for Road-going and Modifieds (and I haven't had to specify whether I'm 10.10.1,2,3 or 4) then presumably, if I've read the book correctly, I can remove passenger seat and harness and headlights and pretty much anything else that isn't bolted down. Is this correct?

Thanks Nigel. I did ask a club member who is a scrutineer and this is his reply:

Hi Mate,

The response from the Chief Scrutineer!!

The classes for Brighton fall across two Blue Book classes! S10.10.1 & S10.10.3 which then refer to S11. & S12. For S11. all trim (except carpets) and all "working equipment" must remain operable. Whereas S12. doesn't Your guess is as good as mine! There's always "if it doesn't say you can then you can't".

Clear as Mud!

Well, I guess I could always counter with "if it doesn't say you can't then you can" *tongue*

It's all becone rather academic for this year now as due to illness and lack of time I'll not be able too effect my proposed 'removals'.