Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Baboon

moomin

I have to report, much to my surprise, that the Hoop showed some competence when helping me restore my fence today to its pre wind glory. At least half the nails went in straight, and no injuries were sustained.

Honda Passion Orange, 640kg *eek*, and proud of it 😬

What i did at the weekend by David H.

On thursday moring I was ready to go to work and then drive to camlnad in my cavalier. Unfortunately the battery was flat as the interior light switch is worthless. So worthless that buroz could only find his once Itold him - he's only had his van 3 years....

Baboon count = 1 (for leaving the cav light on)

I had planned to to come back home on thursday night so had no spare clothes in my bag....

So I went to work in a foul mood until I decided to have friday off and go up on the train. So I did and Mr Buroz picked me up and drove me to his house. I then buggered the rack for a while, panicked, was advised it was buggered, before saving the situation and building the rack successfully. Baboon count = 2

On Friday I put the rack in the car and fitted the rad etc. Then I tidied up, and left my shoes on the drive beofre driving to Craig's office. Baboon count = 3

Got CCraig's key's, parked my car in his garage and went to get his bike. then i couldn't open his back door to get out again so had to go out the front, back in the back to unlock the lock and then in the house to bolt the front door and back out the back again. Then I put craigs fence panels away and cycled off to Hairy Chintown centre. Baboon count = 3 (+1 for the puncture, -1 for tidying the fence panels)

Then the rear end of the bike went al oversteery on the roundabout - puncture. and it was raining like a wet thing. so i got my hair cut anyway. Baboon count = 2

Pushed the bike back home, drove to the main cambridge shopping centre and bought myself

some pants etc. and some shoes, which i needed anyway...

Then to the station collect a mate, nght out in milton and cam with nice curry and beer. which i didn't have to wait for *smile*

Then to Moomin's for a weigh in - only 10 kg heavier and I have more that twice as much oil as him and he hasn't bought/fitted his doors yet. So plastic bicycle birds aren't really lighter than metal Caterhams with blamange engines.

I also pointed out that moomin had the scales the wrong way round. Baboon count = 3

Mommin checked my tyres, one was a tad low, so he sorted that - Baboon count = 4

I also adjusted the platforms on the car and got the front corner weights from about 30 kg out to just 7 kg out. Baboon count = 3

Then to Craigs to fix his fence. Baboon count = 2

Then I drove home in the ***** *** ******* ***** rain. it was wet. I had about a dozen brown trouser aquapanning moments and couldn't see a thing... But I didn't crash so Baboon count = 1

The I started up the cav off the 7 battery and installed the radio I got from a cam7ers last week. Its now fitted absolutely propery and has a nice connector for the radio aerial rather than the worthless POS it had before. so Baboon count = -1.

So I ended up not a baboon 😬

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

I think you deserve some gibbon points for having your tyre pressures so wonky given that you were pondering why your steering was a little wonky.

>Then to Moomin's for a weigh in - only 10 kg heavier and I have more that twice as much

>oil as him and he hasn't bought/fitted his doors yet. So plastic bicycle birds aren't really l

>lighter than metal Caterhams with blamange engines.

twice as much oil? I've put 9 litres in the engine, a litre in the diff, and a quarter of a litre in the reverse gearbox, so I think not.

and I've got about 20kgs unsprung which can be saved on the wheels and tyres.

time to go and drill some holes in it (just been and bought some lovely waterproofs - reckon you could have done with them yesterday, now you know how it feels eh?) - further weight reduction.

Moom

www.megabird.co.uk

Ah, you didn't seem to be saying you had that much oil yesterday...

The steering wasn't THAT bad and I knew I'd be coming to your place to cornerweight etc. I checked visually, but obviously my car is so light the sidewalls can take it *wink*

I've been in rain that bad twice before, once with a screen coming back from haggis and once coming back from cam. I was definitely damp. Fortunately I arrived a sossiges 20 ins before the downpour and got home 1 minute before the second downpour. I have half doors which help a LOT as well.

Some of the london-brighton runners didn't even have cycle wings or and aeroscreen...

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

• 2 years later...