Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear callipers - in need of replacement, where is best to go?

Kevsta

Evening all, was working on Caterham and luckily took rear wheels off only to find calliper piston was leaking brake fluid and appears to have had an extra burst as I I parked up! These callipers were re sealed two years ago so I think I'mgoing to go for recon next. Where is the best place to get them from (price being key)?

Many thanks

Kev

Kev

there are some pattern units that have turned up on the market over the last year or so. Although I did hear they were standard fit on new Caterhams they are of questionable quality and there has been instances where braking balance is effected and also leaking.

Personally I went for a pair of "new old stock" Unipart recon units I found I ebay and they are working perfectly. I paid about 90 quid for mine inc the carriers but I think that was a bit of a bargain. There is usually some on Ebay but make sure you get the right ones as there are a few different types. The part number assuming still readable is cast on the top of your callipers.

Jason

Got mine from Burton Power many years ago.

Be careful what you order/get - what I received had saddle-heights lower than the originals (for some reason that I never explored) and I had to use Mr Angry-Grinder to get them to fit here

Still, the episode did give me the excuse for a new power-tool 😬

Many thanks chaps! Bigg Red looks good, will give them a call and try that route. Will report back on my experience with them.

Typical that this happened the NIGHT BEFORE the MOT! *rolleyes*

Thanks for pointers about the copy parts too!

Kev