Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Radiator alternatives

yankeedoodoo

A recent trip to the dyno exposed my occasional overheating problem. Required some clean up.

A triple bypass radiator was recommended for my zetec. The USA dealer has an undecipherable website that seems to offer no parts.

What alternatives might any of you suggest as proven soolutions? I would be happy to order one from the UK.

Thank you for any/all suggestions.

Getting a quality product engineered to fit a 7, at a reasonable cost by a competent individual, would be a dubious proposition at best, in my view. Definitely prefer a known and proven provider that knows 7s. Would sleep much better for what I suspect would be minimal additional cost.

Also, the opportunity to stimulate youe economy pleases me.

ProAlloy will also make a Rad for the seven and have supplied a STANDARD, direct replacement, one recently to a fellow Vauxhall HPC owner.

The management are formerly of Pace who used to produce the triple pass Rads for Caterham and they produced the Rads and Intercoolers for the RST-V8 Levante etc.

I have both Radtech and ProAlloy products and would recommend either...

Cheers

Gary

Edited by - Garibaldi on 23 Aug 2012 11:39:26

Pro Alloy are very good, friendly, helpfull and good quality, I hve one of their creations on my beast. Some pics here.

http://www.facebook.com/northamptonmotorsport#!/photo.php?fbid=10150843980714862&set=a.10150843978909862.414178.175063699861&type=1&theater

Not sure if they would be able to supply a standard product with standard mounts though.

Edited to add that if shipped out of European Union, you will not pay the VAT.

Edited by - Mike Biddle on 23 Aug 2012 11:25:03