Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillett Seats for a 7

SBD762

There has been quite a bit about Tillett seats on BC- apologies if I go over old ground.

I am considering getting rid of my leather seats (Done less than 3,500 miles) in favour of Tilletts - I run an aero deflector screen. Car is S3 (2007 year).

So, a couple of questions:-

1) There seems to be a range of Tilletts to choose from - eg. a B1 model and so on - does anyone have a reccomendation? or a specific Tillett model number to suit the Caterham?

2) Am I right to assume the seat will naturally be lower than existing leather seats - (That is what I want anyway) but has any one experienced any problem with the aspect of being lower?

3) I have seen 'covers' or padding for Tilletts - do people fit such padding and covers? and if so why?

4) I take it they will need a new set of runners to sit on and teh leather seat runners are no good.

All constructive comments welcome

Cheers

Steve

• Support Team

1) If you wear a crash helmet, it's worth looking at the B6 which has a headrest set back slightly so that your head isn't pushed forward when wearing a helmet

2) Makes little difference if you use the same runners although you can tilt the seat with spacers.

3) IMO makes no difference with respect to comfort but it makes a big difference in the winter as Tilletts get very cold. The pads insulate you from that to a degree. We've got Oxted ones.

4) I resused the leather seat runners but you get some box section ali non-ajustable ones in the Tillett kit. Tillett do their own version as well.

Edited by - Shaun_E on 22 Aug 2012 14:37:36

Shaun's point 3 rings tue for me too. My old K had bare tillets and my current car had the CF ones with leather padded cover. The bare ones used to get really cold, especially round my lower back. But this is much less so with the padded ones.