Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Detatched Bungalow in Rainford, NW England

kenny.

Guys, after a 4 year probate struggle we finally refurbed this house and marketed it in June. We had it sold and have just found out the buyers were telling porkies and in fact did not have the monies in place as promised *mad*

So, back up for sale again, Why do people do that *confused*............putting it on here on the off chance anyone is on the house hunt, rather deal with a BC'er than some of the weekend daytrippers we've had so far.

It's a 2 bed very large detatched bungalow, with a good sized 7 friendly garage. Just acquired extra land at the rear. Open aspects and no neighbours either side apart from a small village workshop......idylic semi rural setting.

Will cut a deal if anyone's interested for a quick sale.

Advert here............pics and write up don't do the place justice in reality.

Any interest just PM me for a viewing

Cheers lads.

I have had a similar set of events when trying to sell my mums house. The equivalent of tyre kickers, empty promises, false hopes.....and lies.

Looks like a lovely pace Kenny. Best of luck with the sale. Have a BTTT on me *smile* *thumbup*

Many thanks Doug, you did well with yours, excellent result *thumbup*. Just needs as you say the right people to view...........I think it's now a mistake advertising the land and little copse we purchased...........we've been inundated with would be land owners with not a pot to p1ss in but very big delusions of grandeur 😬.

Have really thought of moving there ourselves and selling ours, it would be perfect financially, however we've got so much crap acrued here I just shudder at even thinking about packing this lot up.

Thanks Steve, nice one *thumbup* I think it's drummed home to me just how stagnant the market is at the moment re. houses. Everyone who comes to view wants to buy it, it is a cracker, however very few have sold their own property, many having been on the market for a year or more. The couple who did "buy" it fooled us into believing they were indeed cash buyers, it turned out they were confident about securing a mortgage against their current house and renting it out to pay the loan..............lenders said no after valuing their house in blood *mad*.

I'm dismayed to also see the other half dozen houses at the same price as ours the agent has on his books are also struggling, nowt's sold,sign of the times.........sub 140k are moving but anything above is a nightmare.

Strange to think this place was valued at 325k 6 years ago.............now thinking of maybe renting out until things pick up............but again how long will that be?

Thanks again Steve.

Thanks again Martin. *thumbup*............It's flippin' wierd this though.........we've had 3 fresh viewings since my post on here *confused*......completely unrelated to BC it seems, I wonder if some search engines are throwing it up via my post when Bungalow/Rainford is entered?

Anyhow upshot, a retiring couple who are coming back home from South Africa have just viewed it..............the signs are very,very promising, so we'll see what happens.

Another point if any of you property chaps are reading this by chance...........I had it valued for a rental out of interest whilst agent was there, was over the moon when they said £775-£800......then I thought about it and there are within 10 miles of here old terraced houses going for circa 50k..............and on further research are pulling £450 pcm. So if we were to rent it'd be best to hang out and sell this and buy some of the terraces?.........not that being a landlord holds any interest for me at all I have to admit....have a good friend with a few houses and his stories make me wince.

Thanks Ian, sadly there would be no easy solution for access to a new build on the plot. I also think I'd struggle to get planning even if there were. The previous owner of the land had been trying to erect some prestigious detatched houses on the plot for 25 years and had failed............hence he sold me a bit of it.

There would be no problem erecting something for the bungalow though.

Feeling your pain. I am selling my dads house to meet care costs and have just had a supposedly pre approved seller pull out as he can't get the money in place. This is the second seller i have lost.

About to have an "interesting" chat with the estate agent regarding fees as they failed to do the pre approval and i have incurred solicitors costs as a result.

Wish me luck.