Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S5 SVN? light green in the Trossachs

susser

Friday 10th August, heading up the A85 North of Callandar. You must have just gone through some road works that were being set up. What fantastic roads to drive on! If I had trailered the Caterham we would not have got very far 'cos I'd have to have had to keep unhooking it and re-driving the roads we had just passed over! We were heading South just past the Killin turn in our Motorhome, (you may have seen me wave). The roadworks' traffic lights were stuck on red for the Southbound traffic and cycling normally for the Northbound. About 15 minutes after we arrived at said lights, there was a queue out of sight behind us and batches of traffic coming through the "Roadworks". When the roadworks guys eventually sorted out the lights and we got through, there was no a single vehicle waiting at the other end !! arf arf Oh ! how we laughed !! Seriously though, I was completely nonchalent, being in the RV and relaxing. *cool*

Cor ! what a place to drive !. The first taste was the Glenshee Road; the first time I drove this was in the Volvo with the caravan on tow, the second was in the motorhome. I got yarning with a bloke in an R8 at the top of the Glenshee Road, who, it turns ou, had a Caterham prior to the R8 so we talked on the same wavelength. Thereafter, drove down so many roads that just begged to be blatted. Dunno if I want to take the Caterham next time we're up there 'cos we just won't be able to Get On !!

Bear in mind that in my part of the world, (Norfolk) the roads are a bit more Doris laden.