Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus 7 - For sale

alan c

Quoting alan carswell: 
Posting link to Lotus 7 that is for sale on behalf of a friend who is no longer a member of the club and cannot post.

All information including contact details are in the advert which you should be able to access via the link below:-

Lotus Seven for sale

Alan

Alan - which bit of it is original? It has the log book and number plate but it looks like a Caterham to me with a Vauxhall 2.0 lump.

I'm not trying to throw rocks, I just wonder whether calling it a 1966 Lotus 7 is a bit disingenuous and will just create issues for your friend. *confused*

Sorry gavin but if you read the advert it explains all.

Rebuilt on caterham chassis & reflects this in the asking price.

Many would have been rebuilt by now on either types of chassis

You could buy this & rebuild it again through arch on a lotus 7 type chassis & put back to original & ask £35 for it!

Edited by - zetec on 15 Aug 2012 11:37:16

Are any of the components actually from a 1966 Lotus 7? I guess the car is on a Q plate now, despite the 'heritage' of the V5.

Long cockpit,

C20XE,

Tunnel hand brake,

Etc.

It's a Caterham, probably on a Q plate, with an old V5. Calling it a Lotus is very misleading.

Gentlemen

I think the advert is very clear. Legally in terms of documentation and chassis plate it is a 1966 Lotus, with all the advantages of an 'old' car. The description then makes it very clear that it has been rebuilt and there is enough detail for any interested parties to understand what they are looking at. Nothing is being hidden and I do not believe anyone could 'question' the description after a physical inspection.

If they need more detail they can of course contact the seller who will then give them all the additional details they require.

It is not on a 'Q' plate.

Alan

Quoting alan carswell: 
It is not on a 'Q' plate.

Alan

It will be if the DVLA ever see it.

Chassis changed, (drilling out the original chassis plate and putting it on the new one doesn't make it an original chassis.) Advert quote: "Rebuilt in 1998 around a new Caterham chassis and bodywork",

Engine changed,

Cockpit changed,

Wheels changed,

Body panels changed.

Etc, etc.

Edited by - keybaud on 15 Aug 2012 15:01:02

• Area Representative

I remember having a long chat with the builder of this car when it was fresh on the road - it looked great then and seems to have aged very well (i.e. hardly at all) *thumbup*

Back then the car was on an appropriate reg plate for 1966, in black and silver.

This wouldn't be the first 7 to stretch the DVLA rules slightly and I don't see any point in getting in a flap about it. Peace! 😶‍🌫️

Cruds

I don't see it as stretching DVLA rules, but as actually being not represented properly. I understand that it's clear that it's not a 66 S3 lotus when you look, but I don't even like it in the title.

Mind you I suspect that I have stretched the BC rules on what you can say on a FS thread, so I better go now!

Graham

Shouldn't the advert say ...."replaced in 1996" rather than "rebuilt in 1996"

I think he may be wrong about being importable to EU countries. I don't think it would be able to be imported to France. the FFVE would spot that one!

Terry

PS Crudders - what happened to my seat! (luckily I got another one)

Edited by - terryp on 16 Aug 2012 08:05:00

• 4 weeks later...