Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sorry, another tyre question

Blokko

Happy with my Yoko 539's but for the fact that they are not available in 70 profile (had a few low speed sump scrapes).

So, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced type 1a tyre (185 70 r13) with grip / wear characteristics similar to the 539's?

Also investigating second set of wheels (shod with Yoko A021's) or adjustable suspension – just weighing up costs and pros / cons.

*arrowup* I disagree!

Suspension needs to be set correctly for suspension, not for ground clearance, and that basically means having the front lower wishbones parallel to the ground. Using adjustable suspension enables this to be set accurately, while a flat floor will get weight balance sorted, but neither will/should be used to adjust ground clearance.

Using 70 profile tyres actually can improve handling as the side wall helps even out road irregularities allowing the suspension to be set firmer.

Yoko 021R's are the tyre to go for.

I've been using them for some years, and ther really are a fantastic all round tyre!

😬 😬 😬

• 2 weeks later...

The A021r in 185/70 13 size is a control tyre for some race series so consequently cheaper. Call George Polley. Do a search on here as to what to ask for to get the best price.

Apologies just re read your post and you've got em 😬

Regards

Ian

Edited by - Wrightpayne on 20 Aug 2012 21:58:46

Quoting Wrightpayne: 
Call George Polley. Do a search on here as to what to ask for to get the best price.
Missed that bit. Thought it odd when he asked what car it was for. I got charged £240 for the tyres and 15 quid for delivery.