Click here if you are having website access problems ×

caterham horns

Bellissimmo

Looking for a pair of Caterham horns.

When I did my build, I replaced the original horns with a louder set. A few weeks ago, I gave my original Caterham horns to a friend in Nigeria and they have gone down a storm - now all his friends want a set *confused* Apparently, the sound really 'carries'. I don't fancy paying £20+ for a gift but if anyone has an unwanted pair lying about the garage, I'd be happy to pay a fair price for them.

Steve, there must be loads in people's garages; perhaps you can start an export business?

I believe all you need to do for Nigeria is ask them to pay you over the odds via Western Union and say you'll refund the difference *wink*

I may have a pair in the garage if it's easier logistically than Ian's (the other one *wink*) but I'd need to check when next there - possibly tomorrow.

Edited by - Ian B on 9 Aug 2012 10:58:24

*arrowup* I replaced mine with PIAA horns. The Caterham ones are sitting in my garage and I'm much closer...are you going to East Kent meeting tonight? If so I can bring them along *smile*

Doug

Edit Only 6 months old *thumbup* Used only once or twice 😬

Edited by - oldbuffer on 9 Aug 2012 11:00:57

Ian B - Reverse-engineering the whole 419 thing sounds like a wizard wheeze - must set up a WU Account when I get back. In the meantime, if you find a pair, "yes please".

oldbuffer -

Driving directions to The Ringlestone Inn, Ringlestone Rd, Maidstone, Kent ME17 1NX, United Kingdom 3D2D

This route includes a ferry.- more info »

This route has tolls.- more info »

This route includes a car transport.- more info »

This route crosses through multiple countries.- more info »

1. Head north from Lagos

2. After 984km, bear right into Niger

3. After 1025km slight left into Algeria

4. After 2500 miles, sharp left into Morrocco

131. Turn right onto Ringlestone Rd

Destination will be on the right

96 hours

See you at the Ringlestone *wavey* 😬 *wavey*

Pendennis,

Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for the twin horns (hi+lo) that come with the kit. Nigerians seem to be very attuned to the sharper (treble?) end of the sound range* so they love the sound of the Caterham horns which do seem to carry a greater distance than the more bass notes of 'normal' car horns.

* I've seen people here hail a cab in busy traffic from 100 metres or more away just by pursing their lips and making a sucking noise. Quite high pitched and incredibly effective. I'm making progress learning how to do it but, being European, I don't really have the lips for it *eek*

Steve