Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Taking the seats out

Violet Elizabeth

Quick bit of advice needed please.

I need to take the drivers seat out, in order to find out why one side of my crotch strap won't adjust.

"Old Style" leather seats, on runners.

Looks like the runners are bolted through to the underside. So is it a case of unscrewing the front two bolts (seems easy) and then getting a very thin armed person to hold the rear ones whilst I unscrew from underside ?

Just wanted to check the procedure, in case there any pit falls ? Seems awkward, but straight forward ? Or is the a clever trick ?

Much thanks.

*confused* I've always unscrewed the seat from the runners. Always seemed very easy to me.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*

Drive it like you stole it! *cool* *thumbup*

Took my seats out recently - yes it was easier to take the seats off the runners in the car. The seat was held to the runners with hex cup bolts (allen key required). Two bolts at the front easy to see, two at the rear - you will need to pull the covering material on the backs up a little to find the bolts.

Tony

Spot on. Have to agree that I needed a little patience with the back bolts, especially trying not to cross thread them putting them back.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*

Drive it like you stole it! *cool* *thumbup*

For various reasons I have had the seats out of mine so many times it's not true. Got fed up with back bolts spinning (almost broke my arm one night when I got it trapped behind the passenger seat *confused*) that I have spot welded the back bolts onto the runners. Works a treat *thumbup*.