Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I could cwy!

Myles

Engine back in, exhaust back on after a few hours wresting. New alternator windings appear to work ok.

But there's a drip from the water-pump drain hole - and Haynes says that's a pump replacement job on the Blackbird engine ☹️

I'm pretty sure I can replace the pump without removing the engine again, but a new replacement from Mr Honda will be in excess of £200.

JK - somewhat! As long as it has a happy ending!

Simon - such is life! Jonathan Rarity probably has loads - but he's sailing for a couple of weeks and has just moved house so might not be able to find anything.

Anyone know of any reliable Blackbird bike-breakers? There's nothing on eBay at the moment.

Thanks Charlie.

Ian - was half joking about that yesterday - if the Westie isn't ready for September, might end up putting a passenger seat, full-width aero and a new starter on the Caterham instead. And if that fails, take the MX5!

Thanks Charlie - I bought a RIF one second-hand last year just in case I needed to fit a second seat! I'm not sure I should really pursue the idea seriously as I did get the first couple of hints that climbing over the Westie cage is getting slightly tiresome for the gf *rolleyes* - but I think it makes for a much better touring car 😬