Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Emerald & Vernier adjustment

yankeedoodoo

I'm replacing my ecu with an Emerald. Presently my intake cam is advanced 4 degrees and my exhaust cam is retarded 2 degrees. When I've connected up the Emerald should I move them back to the "0" settings or leave them as is. In my imagination I can "sort of" make a case for either, but I would truly appreciate some real wisdom on the correct method to deal with the situation. Thank you for all thoughts and replies!! *cool*

OILY: Thanks for cleaning your hands long enough to hit the keyboard with your excellent, logical response to my question. You are surely one of the absolute ALLSTAR posters on blatchat and once again the "last word" on a technical subject. If ever you are here, I'm buying 'em!!! *cool*

Feels like summer here in Ca. *cool* You could register the car here by bringing it in broken down. I know a guy here who bought a car in the UK and paid a company there to disassemble the car and ship it to him for re-assembly. The motor and trans were shipped separately. Please let me know if you would like to contact him.

Sorry it seems like I took over your thread here. I have heard about the split and ship method. but I know several states have a real problem emission testing non USA engines. I looks like PA is more favorable so there maybe a chance. Thanks for all the input, I will save the information for now and maybe look at getting the car over in 2003/2004.

Is it SUMMER yet? 😬