Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Exhausts

Colin Grundy

Not an expert but...

Ordered a Roadsport recently. Asked about the competition exhaust instead of the standard one, expecting a big credit against the after sales exhaust price (ie rebated the cost of the normal one against the price of the competition).

Was told £850 Considering Powerspeed ask around £500 for the after sales article I found this to be steep *thumbdown*

Hence ordered the standard exhaust and will later buy competion from powerspeed or the like.

Also advised that the standard with Cat converter is a usefull spare to have when MOT comes round *wink* As non-cat 'performance' exhausts struggle on dB level and emissions. So one for the raod and one for the MOT / SVA - obviously not a course of action anyone would endorse on here *eek*

Not an expert - so best get more opinion on what I have written.

Cheers,

Dave

Saw a 7 *cool*

Hitched a ride in a 7 *eek*

Ordering a 7 *wink* - Done that now

Will Own a 7 😬 - First Week of 2003 😬 😬

Have to say I'm a bit surprised (or am I) they didn't offer some discount off the parts price for the comp. exhaust, even if it was just a couple of hundred quid.

You can buy a cat by pass pipe so you wouldn't need two full exhausts, just the pipe.

Technically you need a cat for emissions as well as noise. But there are Caterham friendly garages out there that will sort you out if you don't have one, I believe.

Either that or buy an older car *smile*

If you search for 4-2-1 and 4-1 on the forum you'll get a good run down of the pros and cons. Adding Carmichael to the search will give you a detailed answer *wink* Basically boils down to engine size and where you want the benefits...I think most people are opting for 4-1 at the moment, but either choice will be a marked improvement over the one where the collector is inside the engine bay.