Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Is it an Audi? Perhaps a BMW? Or perhaps not...

Frying Pan

I find it quite comical that there are kits to make a car look like a totally different brand, more so when Scooby, Bimmer and Aud are in approximate affordability.

As for the crash Scooby, may repair well if the structure is not distorted.

Reminds me of a SLK customer who launched "claim" for compensation because of a faulty airbag system on basis that it did not deploy. The customer had peeled off the front wing, driver's door and most of the rear quarter on a sticking out end of armco. Very low decelerations. The car was repairable.

Peter

I have seen that car around and about Ipswich on more than one occasion and I have to say that the conversion appears to have been extremely well executed. I confess I did a double-take when seeing it from behind the first time and couldn't reconcile the 5-series rear end with the rest of the car.

Whilst not my cup of tea I have respect for people who want something bespoke and are willing to go to the necessary lengths to complete a job properly. It's very much blue and not silver - I don't understand that piece. In fact the paintwork looked very, very tidy.

Each to their own, live and let live, etc.

Pierson