Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Terraphone Professional Intercom

rallyemerson

This is an intercom that I had in my rally car, its one that has the peltor connectors. I have an open face and a closed face mic and headset combination that I also used to have with this. I have butchered the open face one in trying to make an intercom built into a headband. Last time I tried it still works.

It is possible to by practice headsets from someone like demon tweeks for this I think they are about £30-40 each.

I have also added a cigarette plug to the end to work in a car.

I have since upgraded my rally cars intercom so no longer need this. It may be of some use to someone on here.

Considering I have chopped and messed about with one of the intercoms I think £45 for the lot is probably a fair price. I can send this via post pretty much anywhere in the uk for about £6 extra (will confirm the exact price) or am happy for collection also. Pictures available if necessary.

Emerson

Emerson,

I am very interested. As well as in car communication will I be able to plug in a PMR and sat nav? I appreciate this will need other bits of Terratrip kit you are not including.

Can you email me some photos?

brianATbrianramseyDOTwanadooDOTcoDOTuk

The intercom has a 3.5mm jack on the back as well as the din.

I have used the jack to play music. Its a two way 3.5mm as this was also used to connect to a video recorder to record the pacenotes over the video footage. We had to stop this coz playing it back to people was very embarassing with all the swearing 😬

So, I can use the din socket for the PMR via the Terratrip 'push to talk' doofer and the jack plug for the sat nav. Looking good then, so I don't think I need to see the photos really. Consider it sold! I'll blatmail my details.

to connect the PMR you'll need a special cable to go from the PMR double jack connector to the DIN. This includes a separate push-to-talk button as the 'radio' switch on the Terratrip only connects/disconnects the audio and doesn't activate the transmitter. I can dig out the connections if you're interested. The cable's easier enough to make if you can't find one to suit.

Paul