Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Leaking Rad

stuart147

Does anyone know of an alternative ( and cheaper ) supplier of radiators? I have a K Series 1.6 and have a small leak on the rad. Caterham have been out of stock for weeks now and anyway at £222 they seem extremely expensive. Radtec want £245 + vat so even more expensive. The only other contact that I have used for bits before is Redline. Pretty sure that they would have one, but are they really that much?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

I bought a Radtec, very nicely made and fitted easily.

The only way to really save money (that I could find) is to buy a Polo radiator off ebay for £35 and have to change all the hoses and modify the mountings.

Duncan

• Leadership Team

I believe Radtec offers a 10% discount to Club members - check the members discount section. Might help a bit... There's a story in next month's LF about another member's experience in doing just this swap...

Michael.

• Leadership Team

Quoting DJ.: 

The only way to really save money (that I could find) is to buy a Polo radiator off ebay for £35 and have to change all the hoses and modify the mountings.

Duncan

Why would you buy a radiator with a hole in the middle *confused*

Stuart, whichever you buy ....... suggest swapping to "Bluecol 2 Year" coolant so that you don't need to buy another too soon *thumbup*

Stu.