Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LOBRO viscous 3.14 7" LSD and lobro shafts

charlie_pank

No, they won't fit your average Caterham because it takes push-in shafts. No, you can't just take out the lobro ears and slide in the shafts because the viscous diff moves the offset inside the case. Making yourself a set of lobro/tripod bastardised half-shafts is allegedly possible, but I was advised against it, and I advise you against it too...

If you know anyone who can use the above diff (eg Westie), please let me/them know.

C

Hi Les, for the diff, and the shafts, I'm thinking of £600. It's literally just been built by Road and Race from the bits I don't need. If you're in the lakes we might be able to meet half way along the A7...

What have you got that wants a 3.14 diff?

Hi Charlie, it's not for me, I've already fitted a Ford lsd (3.92:1) to my car *thumbup*

I have a friend finishing off a Busa conversion into a Westie, who coincidently, rang me this afternoon asking me how I did mine. He has got a 3.14 diff already, just not sure what else, but I'll speak to him tomorrow and let you know.

I do also know a lad with a Tiger looking to do the same thing, so there's a Plan B aswell!