Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Joint track days with WSCC

Bananaman

Given the recent trouble with some (ahem) track day organisers, particularly on the circuits that can hold larger numbers easily, this would seem like a great idea. Joint WSCC & L7C 'ring trip ?

Being on track with seven type cars is much more fun that getting blitzed by a behemoth on a straight, only to have to follow the lumbering elephant round a twisty bit.

This would have to weighed up against the posibilities of fisticuffs though *tongue* You know how rough and ready these Westie owners are 😬

"let's hope they're all bike engined westies."

Is that as apposed to Hairdryer engined Caterhams! *eek*(Not my words just something a Caterham engine fettler said to me recently)

I actually have a 2L zetec engine in mine 180bhp at the moment soon to be 210bhp (I would like to see this out of a K-series for sensible money) *confused*

Andy *thumbup*

P.S. Nodger couldn’t agree with you more, I went on a Easytrack day at Donnington earlier this year and was pestered by hooligans in EVO's 🙆🏻holes, much more fun when all in similar 6+1 type cars 😬.

West is best!!!!

"I think jonny was referring to the alledged non reliability and propensitity for these cars to go bang at tarck dyas, and the hence more time for caterhams on the track

rob"

Yes i know *tongue*.

I have actually been out in a Megabusa at Cadwell, **** it was fast *eek* 🙆🏻. You should try one!!! In fact maybe if we had a joint day we could all go out for rides in our oposite numbers.

Andy *thumbup*

West is best!!!!

Sounds like the organisational/cost perameters may preclude the WSCC form organising this event. However as a meber of the Lotus Seven Club would i be able to attend Club events even though i own a Westfield?

Also could day memberships be issued if some cross over was helpfull. I know that this happens between the TVR club & WSCC.?

Andy *thumbup*

West is best!!!!

Adrian is right and saw the light *idea*, as West *confused* does not pass the test.

Im not going to slip on this banana skin !. . . . . . . . Anyway we dont have any spaces for other cars 😳 as we seem to fully book our Trackdays with the one and only, original descendant of the Colin Chapman inspired, heritage, Seven *wink*.

We would have some highly disappointed Caterham and Lotus 7 drivers *mad* if they could not get into our events because other cars had taken their place We already have some disappointed members who didnt get onto our days this year anyway - I dont want to make things worse *eek*

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Edited by - paul.davis on 13 Nov 2002 22:57:46