Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How far does yours stick up?

tom7

I recently purchased a used FIA rollover bar from Redline.

As I was fitting it to the car, it occurred to me that it was really quite tall, this could gave been an optical illusion as I was used to seeing the standard bar in place. However, the standard boot cover seemed to fit the rear support bars reasonably well, the taller bar would have more upright bars. Do I have the "tall" FIA bar *confused* On measuring the height from the top of the bar to the bulkhead it came out as 16.5", would somebody kindly measure the height of a standard FIA bar and let me know. *thumbup*

If I have the tall bar, I would want to swap it for the standard height FIA bar ASAP.

Thanks

Tom

Well, what the girls say must be right... you've got a big one.

Just measured Susan's and its 15" from top of rear bulkhead to top of tube, with no allowance for the bend put in the tape measure by the diagonal brace!

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the 222bhp yellow Sausage delivery machine

Beaten to it by John... *wink*

Just measured mine (oo-er missus *tongue*).

From bulkhead to top of the bar, 16" approx. From the mounting point at the bottom of the boot/rear panel to the top of the bar, 27.5" approx.

Den

😬 - Self portrait - still unable to remove the smile!

• Area Representative

Tom7,

If you have a tall FIA bar and want to sell it, I could be interested to change over from my full rollcage. if I can't find a standard one to swap it with, would you consider an outright sale?

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬