Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club Session at Oulton Park - Tuesday 16th October

Jude

The club in aasociation with Club MSV have organised an exclusive session for club members on a track day being held on Tuesday 16th October at Oulton Park.

Club members will get 7 x 20 minute sessions through out the day.

Free use of pit garages is included in the price

No FIA bar/cage required as the day is being run by Club MSV

Noise Limit - 105db static

Entry Fee - £159.00

Booking is direct with Club MSV on a dedicated web page set up for club members.

For further details on the day and to book your place, visit here or phone Club MSV on 0843 453 3000

Geoff *smile*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just read the T&C's again and was a bit surprised to see that there is no video recording allowed.

Photography and Production of Coverage

Other than taking still photographs for personal, non-commercial and non-promotional use, no drivers, passengers or their guests are permitted to produce or broadcast any audio, visual (still and/or moving) and/or audio-visual coverage of the venue or any activity at the venue in any media without obtaining MSV's prior written consent.

MSV shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the production of such coverage.

Where MSV provides its consent to the production of coverage (a) any and all on-board video equipment carried in or on vehicles must be safely and securely installed in accordance with any applicable governing body regulations; and (b) if the person making the request is a journalist, photographer and/or cameraman, such person must complete a media accreditation form supplied by MSV, accompanied by a letter or other written communication from the journalist's, photographer's or cameraman's relevant publication or company.

has anyone got permission for personal onboard video before?

**update: my insurance has just told me this format is not covered under their standard terms so that rules me out as I don't want to spend another £100 on additional cover, thanks to those who replied already, though***

Hi All

A question from my side: I've been teetering on the edge of signing up for this and have checked out my insurance cover (through CVI, 3x club track days included) and a place to stay for the Monday night (as I'm coming from afar). I even rang MSV today to check out all the details, but I still haven't actually booked anything yet..... 😳

What's causing me to still hold off from booking is that there is apparently a single Caterham group of (currently) 22 cars which would all go together in a single session and will consist of mixed abilities. This is only my second track day in my Roadsport SV 140, and I don't know Oulton at all, so I'm not going to be the Stig by any means. Given it's a sessioned day, you can guarantee all 22 cars will be on track at once, so I am just wondering if this is biting off more than I can chew in my current stage of track day experience.

Of course I could just join the mixed vehicle, novice group, but that means I need to get additional insurance cover and I don't have the budget for that at the moment.

Thoughts from the 22 of you that are going? Any other novices out there?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Edited by - Jaffa7 on 12 Oct 2012 15:40:34

Adam

My first trackday was a sessioned event with MSV at the Brands GP circuit, organised by the Club.

Most people who go aren't Stigs and there is a wide range of machinery and talent. As long as you are aware of what's going on around you, and don't unnecesarily hold faster cars up, it will be fine and you will enjoy it.

My first 3 sessions hardly worried the petrol tank and I spent more time on the indicator switch than I did on the gear stick! However, with confidence gained slowly through the day, I ended up needing a refill before the last session and was overtaking cars more powerful than mine.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Go along, chat to the other Caterham owners (who are very friendly!) and have fun.

Simon

Adam, this will be the first track day for me and my Dad in my Roadsport SV 150. although we are both familiar with track. After spectating at the event last year and taking a passenger ride, I feel pretty comfortable with the Caterham session where at least everyone is driving the same kind of car and tends to have a similar mindset.

Lap times around Oulton park are around 2 minutes, so even with 30 cars on track that is only one car every 4 seconds on average.

• Area Representative

Quoting Ivaan: 
Nick, Are you taking the BB? Can you bring the Aim box. Would be fun to play with. 😬

Yes, its all sorted and ready to go again 😬

Quoting Richy: 
Anybody trailering their car? I note on the MSV website that all cars must be driven there?

I'll be trailering there like quite a few others I expect. Never had problems trailering to an MSV event before *confused* Maybe its to ensure only road legal cars attend and open wheel cars etc. don't get included

See you there

Nick

Hi Adam, et al.

If it helps at all, I'm a novice, and I've signed up for Tuesday too. I'll be in my shiny 175 Roadsport and won't want to dent it!

Judging by all the replies I think you'll be in good company...

By the way, I'll be coming on my own; anyone want to meet up to talk nonsense about small cars with big engines between sessions?

Jules

ps Don't suppose there'll be anybody there who has upgraded their 175RS or R300D to Caterham throttle bodies? I seem to be suffering from an uncontrollable urge to spend 2K of my hard-earned on such a thing, and would like to know if it has worked (or not) for anyone else!

Afraid I've had to cry off as my insurance co won't cover it as a "club event" and I don't have the extra £100 at the moment (SWMBO insisted we buy a new fridge freezer on the weekend ☹️).

Thanks for all the replies though and hope you all enjoy it! Next time.....

Adam