Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Castle Combe only has one "o" in it

Matthew Willoughby

Don't worry, there's a strong pedantic tendency on BC, I'm delighted to say. At the moment I'm worrying about the exploding misspelling of "lose". And one us has it in his tag, unless it's a joke that's too subtle for me.

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 24 Jun 2012 17:53:00

Sorry Mat, never clicked, as some places it's spelled with 1 and others 2.

I've corrected the post titles. 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔 😔

It's OK, i've now amended the scores page, current records, Personal Best for 2011, Personal Best for 2012, Championship Scores and The event score sheet.

Can't do anything about past events or the what's on page.

i don't mind being picked up on mistakes, as normally they are valid and constructive, and my Geek Streak does sort of enjoy it. Don't get challenged on mistakes enough these days. think I must scare the staff too much *mad* being a grumpy a 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏻‍♂️e.

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 24 Jun 2012 19:09:00

I'm not be the sort of looser that enjoys picking people up on their mistakes.
I am 😳 😬

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
Don't worry, there's a strong pedantic tendency on BC, I'm delighted to say. At the moment I'm worrying about the exploding misspelling of "lose". And one us has it in his tag, unless it's a joke that's too subtle for me.

Jonathan

"And one us has it in his tag"

I don't believe one should start a sentence with "And", and perhaps there should be an "of" before the "us"?

*tongue*

Quoting Ian B: 
I'm not be the sort of looser that enjoys picking people up on their mistakes.
I am 😳 😬 (although I prefer "loser" *wink*).

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 

Jonathan

"And one us has it in his tag"

I don't believe one should start a sentence with "And", and perhaps there should be an "of" before the "us"?

*tongue*

Just thought I'd add that bit *wink*

Edited by - Ian B on 24 Jun 2012 18:21:49

Quoting CaterBram Jnr: 
i don't mind being picked up on mistakes, as normally they are valid and constructive, and my Geek Streak does sort of enjoy it. Don't get challenged on mistakes enough these day's. think I must scare the staff too much *mad* being a grumpy a 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏻‍♂️e.
I have a feeling this is not the time to mention the grocer's apostrophe in "these day's" *tongue*