Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HP Officejet 8500A All-in-One Printer

MarkyMarc

HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910A printer/scanner/copier/fax. This is probably 8 months old and in perfect condition. Works great with my PC's, but impossible to set up with my Macs (clue!). Someone far smarter than me can probably get it to work properly with Apple stuff, but I have lost the will to live, hence it is up for sale. Specs here. Manuals, set-up CD and enough ink installed to keep you going for a while. £75, plus a medal for a buyer with a Mac. Collect from Iver, South Bucks, only.

Marc

I didn't: according the the website, this model was not supported, and I wasn't up for some home engineering for what should be a plug & play home printer. I am sure there is a solution out there, but frankly I don't have the patience for this sort of thing.

Marc

I need a new printer but as I have a Mac this is not for me. Just wondered what you replaced it with? I've got an HP Photosmart Premium and to be honest it has been a PITA since the day I bought it and now it's stopped working wirelessly *mad* Looking for something reliable to replace it with.

I find it surprisingly hard to get this right. Models change too often, drivers become unreliable with OS changes, and the market has moved to fragile cheap inkjet printers with exorbitant ink costs and proprietary cartridges.

If you don't need "photo" printing then laser printers seem to suffer less from this sort of stuff than inkjet printers.

Do you need Ethernet? Do you need AirPrint functionality for any iOS devices?

I tend to look what's in the AppleStoreApple Store and read the latest MacWorld group reviewreview that I can find.

Good luck

Jonathan