Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Castle Combe Video

robmar

Great event and stayed dry for most of the day *thumbup*, some cracking times in all classes *smokin*

which was ok, beat PB by some way, looking at the data logging I was doing 124.2 at Avon Rise *cool* mazing how slow the videos look compared to being in the car...

2 main places to find some time, round quarry and actually hitting the apex vs waving at it *rolleyes*, and Old paddock bend where on this run I had a little lift 😳. Also the start was OK but I think i hung onto 1st for a little too long..

rob

Edited by - robmar on 24 Jun 2012 19:11:57

Some fantastic drives today. Well done all. Stuart and Matt Willoughby *smokin*

My video of the last run is uploading as we speak and will be available [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45bg_KcRRDk&feature=youtu.be]here shortly. I'll sort out the links to the L7C Youtube channel tomorrow.

Rob our cars must be identical in power.

124.4mph up to Avon Rise

116.9 into Tower and 94.3 across the line.

I now need to remember which way the launch system dial should be wound to lower revs off the line *rolleyes* I think I gave you near enough .4 sec off the line - 2 months now to get some practice and set it all up without a rush.

And check out the 4-5th gear change its now missed that half a dozen times this year but it only happens when holding it absolutely flat ☹️

Anyway I was very very pleased to see that big Duratec lagging behind 😬

Edited by - NoLimits on 23 Jun 2012 21:03:14

my practice 1 run with the very scarey moment into Quary and
is timed run 2 which is my fastest run of the day, you can't really see but I locked up 3 times on this run 😳

I seem to have lost the ability to brake sensibly at the moment, hopefully I'll get back in time for Shelsley Walsh.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by - rgrigsby on 24 Jun 2012 17:13:45

edited title for the pedants *tongue*

Simon - bloody typical you had to beat me by 0.1mph 😔 *wink* will look at the datalogging for the other sections another time...

rob

ps I would ask for my money back on the Launch control 2.69 was it 😬

I really really had crap 64ft times Dave but got the following figures

0 - 100 in 8.75 and 9.1 sec

0 - 120 in 14.2 and 14.5 sec

Distances were 730 - 750 ft and 1550 ish ft for the 120mph.

Its quit interesting that it takes nearly double the distance and about 75% of the time just to gain another 20mph *thumbup*