Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CV Boot

BSA

Just come back from Brands Hatch and the bottom of the drivers side CV Boot has split again at the bottom 5mm in from the large Jubilee clip , This happened last time out on Track at Silverstone

I guess it must be rubbing somewhere *confused*

Its split at the lowest point nearest the Hub , Thats the problem i cant find out what its rubbing on the previous boot split in exactly the same place , I think its rubbing some where when the suspension is fully loaded on a high speed corner

It might be rubbing on the chassis tube when fully UN-loaded.

I can't think of anything above that it could rub on. If you jack up the car and rest the chassis on axle-stands, where do the half-shafts come to rest?

What to do about it though, shorter dampers? More droop, less bump travel? Droop-stops?

On mine the cables for the rear lights / fuel pump etc are tie wrapped to the lower chassis tube. If the tie wraps are trimmed off with side cutters they can leave a vicious sharpe edge (you always seem to find them with the back of your hand!!). Could be this??

I always trim with a knife to get flush though you need to be careful as the knife can also do a lot of damage.

Ian