Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Upgrades - who?

Steve Brown

Steve

It depends what part your upgrading. If its engine, then Dave Andrews (DVA power) you wouldn't go far wrong, other areas, brakes etc. then Caterham South or Midlands are a safe bet. Take the plunge and do it yourself, you'll get enough help from the experts on this site, and its more rewarding (and saves fortunes)

Good luck

Mark at RatRace in North Barnet (London) has a chap who has all sorts of experience with racing engines, K's etc...

I've been talking to him and he's someone I'd definitely talk with. Mark is on 02082165567 and his engine guy is ACE from what I've seen.

Would satisfy your "plug & play" position IMHO....

Go team GBR

Steve, you never mentioned what engine you have.

If its K series, DVA is an endless source of reference on this subject.

A 4-2-1 exhaust is step one and flowing the head is step two. IMHO bolting on goodies without having first flowed the head is like leaving the handbrake on.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the 222bhp yellow Sausage delivery machine

I thought everyone knew that God lives in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire!

I'll look into the DVA option. Roger King will probably work out at around £5k for 175bhp. Not sure whether that's money well spent or not. Another option is the Roller Barrel throttles that Caterham do for about £3k fitted to give 160bhp. Apparently, according to the other half, this money could be spent on a new kitchen - do you think she's trying to tell me something?

Roller barrel throttle bodies will not alone give 160bhp. Look at the DVA web site for comparative prices and to get an idea of what's involved to get you to whatever power you want. These conversions are a well accepted tried and tested approach. Any other conversion will fall short in some way, whether it is in price or future upgradeability.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours