Click here if you are having website access problems ×

hey hey !

Nick Woods

# but we're too busy singing....

to put anybody down (and all any anybody unfunny tossers)

hey hey we're the monkees#

new slant on old lyric!

Congratulations Nick on the impending fix .... she will be better than ever!

Cheers

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue with Black Bits

Edited by - abirtwisle on 27 Oct 2002 01:17:46

Edited by - abirtwisle on 27 Oct 2002 10:12:12

Actually, i was thinking more along the lines of Krusty the Clown than the monkees 😬 although the Monkees are great as well

Thanks Alex - it will still be quite some time before I get it back but at least I now know its being fixed. We've decided on a colour scheme as well, red with black detailing , ie black pack + black-centred wheels and possibly black (ie probably carbon) rear wing protectors. The main upgrade will be widetrack but there may be a few other bits depending on funds and costs.

Anyway, what are you lot doing loitering round the test area ? - is the blatchat equivalent of behind the bike sheds ? *cool*

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings.

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*

Edited by - Nick Woods on 28 Oct 2002 14:28:13

Good choice Nick 😬

Black wings do look very good. If carbon are too expensive then black GRP is still good looking. carbon rears have the advantage of not needing wing guards and armourfend.

I belive a few sets of carbon wings were being sold off recently...

Get the new chassis black coated inside the engine bay and cockpit. It only costs a couple of hundred but looks the dogs danglies and will better protect the chassis. Its also IMPOSSIBLE to retrofit.

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU

I'm leaving the wings red but may put black stonechip guard on the rear - according to my partsCD they were only about £38 each in 1999 so its a cheap option. I cant afford carbon wings and as its a superpsort I cant really justify them either, better to save up for an SL/SLR in a few years time.

My chassis isnt a write-off, it just needs a 'long front' section and a full reskin (I was asking you about a full chassis in case they did write it off - if it wasnt too expensive I may have gone for one)

Doing the engine bay and insides in powdercoat would be great, except that it needs about 20 hours labour at the sevens workshop just to do the extra stripdown, never mind the extra cost at Arch, so thats a non starter unfortunately. Lots of Hammerite and Waxoyl will make its way onto the car during the rebuild though so it will help preserve it.

I also asked about powdercoating the inside of the new skins and I think I was told it would cost me about £500, which is also too much for me as there are other things I want to do to it at the same time (widetrack being one of them)

Nick

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*

Hi Nick.

I guess you will be putting some sticky rubber on your new rims? If so, I'd strongly recommend getting armourfend on your rear wings (as well as the stone guards).

My old car had "unsticky" rubber and the wings had very few stone-chips. My new car has A032r's and they pick up ridiculous amounts of stones and throw them at the wings. At some stage I'm going to have to get the rear wings resprayed and then armourfended.

With a nice new paint job I'm sure you won't want pebble-dashed wings within 1000 miles of driving.

C7 GAR

Gary - I have the armorfend pricelist right here ! I'm probably going for rear wings, nosecone, bonnet top (where the doors rub) and top and bottom of the side panels (ie along the bottom edge where the stones hit and the top where the door rubs). The entire side panel is £120 per side which is a bit pricey. As it is, the above will cost about £200 + fitting and possibly +vat as well

One of the reasons for settling on a solid colour is the ease of touching up (as well as being 'free' whereas metallic is about £280 extra) , and I'm going with a Ford colour (colorado red) rather than the caterham colour so that I can get touch-up paint from anywhere.

The tyres are going to be A021's as i want to use the car all year round, I hadnt thought about the stonechip implications so I'm glad you menioned it, hopefully the armorfend will help.

Are your wheels KN Minators ? I like the polished rims and black centres so I may copy you (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery !)

Hoopy - i'm going to double-check the costs I've been given but i know my car wont be fully stripped before it goes to Arch, and I'm sure Chris said about 20 hours extra labour is needed to strip it right down, which is going to cost me quite a lot. If it was a new chassis it would be different but mine isnt badly enough damaged for that.

Nick

Nick,

Sounds like you've got it all under control!

Yes, my wheels are KN Minators. I believe you can get them from George Polley Motorsport at a lower price than Caterham.

Must admit, it does look the nuts with the black centres and shiny rims, even if I do say so myself!

When does the work on your car start?

C7 GAR