Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV Wanted

MichaelS

Hi Guys, I am new to the club so be gentle....Please. Is it me not looking in the correct places or is there a distinct lack of SVs for sale. I have been looking for one for a few months now without any luck, apart from at Caterham Cars. I am quite flexible on price, spec, colour etc. Would ideally like a 6 speed, LSD K series. Does anyone know of one for sale in the Surrey ish area?

Hi Michael

Welcome to the club.

Unless there is a real need for the bigger chassis, it is worth opening up your choice by looking at Series III also.

If you delve into the archives you'll find a lot of quite large people fitting into S3.

Permtations of seat type/lowered floors/pedal box set up/steering wheel reach are many.

Good hunting!

Peter

Thanks Peter, tried few S3s and with different permutations and they seem to be a little too snug. Tried an SV and it has a bit of 'growing room', being 6'1" and the wrong side of 15 stone and 51 so not a supple as I used to be thought it would be the wise choice for the future. We have a series 2 Sunbeam Alpine that we have had for 15 years, lovely car but 'feel the need for speed', as they say. The SV, I think will be great for a bit of touring with the wife, need the extra room for all of the stuff they seem to have to take.

Good luck with your search Michael. I was (seriously) on the lookout for 4 months - and about 15years in total!

Take the time to test drive whatever CC (other 7 shops are available) have in stock, it's fun and a great way of making sure of the spec you really want. I was after a 6spd LSD VVC SV, but after a few test drives (CC and Milwood) settled on a 5Sp Std Diff Sigma powered SV and not looked back. As I intend doing a lot of non-track mileage the 5Speed was probably the better choice, and I got a (slight) deal.

Now, when I build my 'track 7'… *wink*