Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Handbrake Cable

Colin Grundy

There's always one part of the build process that gives you real grief. So having assembled all of the front and back end with no trouble I come to fit the hanbrake cable! What a bugger!! Can someone give me any pointers as to how this pig of a thing is supposed to fit.

The build manual for this part of the build is to say the least, vague.

It does say to feed it down the transmission tunnel ensuring that the nylon bushes fit into the lugs above the diff. Oh yeh! I have a nylon bush on one side of the cable and two white nylon large nut things that screw up the threads in the outer cable on the other side. Now I'm obviously a numpty at the moment but after struggling like you wouldn'y believe there is no way I can get these little buggers in the lugs. There is however two rubber grommets either side of the cable. Do these go in the chassis lugs.

In short I'm stuck, anyone got any piccies or good advice please.

Thanks

*confused* *confused* *mad*

Just done this.

Cut off the grommetts-not used. the blue sleeve can be slid down out of the way too and may be useful as a protection if it rubs on the arb etc.

The nylon fixings come up into the two brackets from the rear. The rt hand one has the adjuster nut below it, roll this and the main bush well down the cable to give plenty of slack-helps when fitting the handbrake itself. I found it all eaiser laying under the car and threading the cable loop and main cables up into the tunnell from below/behind.

Bruce