Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dashboard lights

Matt Sullivan

Does sound suspiciously like an earth problem. Start with the one on the passenger side, under the dash. Also check the connections on the light switch itself. I had a loose wire on that that caused exactly the same problems as you describe. 5 minutes work with some emery paper and pliers, and all was hunky dory again..........

Just to be safe, triple check that your front headlights are in fact ok.

I had flickering dash lights which started in terrible rain on the M25 at night!

I assumed it was damp, earth etc. My headlights were fine some but not all of the time. It turned out to be a faulty headlight switch which was easy to fix.

JonnyS

JonnyS, how's old Wokingham town?, I used to drink in the Three Frogs or the Hope and Anchor, when I grew up there (well sort of), sorry to hear of the light failure, flickering dashlights on my old dunger turned out to be wire from the switch to the panel lamps, having grown tired, and manky, a new wire and some new crimp connectors, and all was fine and dandy. Hope this sheds some light (sorry) on the problem. Regards Nigel, in N.Z.