Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ultimate Track/Road Caterham Duratec Superlight R500

dannylt

It's finally time to go, see Piston heads. The most fun Caterham I've ever driven, though to be fair I haven't driven one that wasn't fun. If you need an opinion from someone who has probably driven every sort of Caterham on track, blatmail me.

Only thing I'll add here is that this was the car that beat the good old Fat Arnie "300" bhp VX at FCITW, and with a H pattern box at the time 😬. Seems all long time ago now!

Er it only beat me after about 10 attempts and after you had borrowed Dave Breadcrumb's slicks.....

I on the other hand, had a passenger on the run you beat me on.

Not that I care. The best Caterhams are powered by KSeries!!

I'm pretty sure I ate all the pies. But in any case, this isn't a reminiscences thread, I'm trying to sell my car! I took the trophy home before some unchallenged puny K-series owner prised it away....

Cracking spec Danny, if I didn't already have my Busa I'd be making a bee-line for your car forthwith, best of luck with the sale *thumbup*

P.s If you get stuck I'll go a cheeky £22k for immediate purchase *wavey* 😳

Seriously? Private blatmail coming! I've updated the PH ad - forgot to include the winter work, and added some pics :-

Winter refresh included (100 miles since then, how sad)

- New Sadev gearbox + flatshift

- New clutch & cover plate

- New bellhousing

- New propshaft

- Propshaft guard

- Fitting diff struts

- Diff rebuild

- Roll cage padding

- Engine oil, diff oil, filters, coolant, brake fluid

Breaking it up would be a crying shame *cry* I'm sure there will be a buyer at proper money out there in fairly short order.

You only need to sit down & have a quick tot up to see the money invested into this car, its value at or near the asking price if your after the ultimate N/A Duratec with a brand new proper gearbox to boot *thumbup*