Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fitting a heater to a 1990 S3

Doctor_Seven

Hi all,

I'm after some advice on fitting a heater to my 1990 S3. The car was built without one (not by me).

I bought a 2nd hand heater last Christmas but never got 'round to fitting it. 😳 The bonnet has 7 sets of vents, so the heater I have is the type that has a plenum that mates up with the "7th" set of vents, and presumably requires a large hole to be cut in the bulkhead. It's at this point that I start to get nervous!

Any help or advice on how best to do this would be really appreciated. Especially if you could point me to any previous articles/posts from here.

Of course, as soon as I fit it, we will be basking in super hot sunshine, so in a way, I am making this sacrifice just for you lot so you can get out blatting 😬

Many thanks,

Rob. *cool*

Chill, it's only the bulkhead. I've been putting off cutting a hole in the bonnet for the air-intake for a few months now!

If you cock it up, you can always cut out an ally plate and pop-rivet it in place - that's how mine was until I put the heater in it anyway! Just make sure there's nothing in the way behind where you start drilling/cutting!