Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trailer - Minno v. Club

Giles Wardle

I know the Minno is the trailer of choice, but does anyone have experience of the Brian James Club range, they seem a hell of a lot cheaper.

Minno £1,349 + VAT

Club SA £799 + VAT (single axle 13" wheels)

Club 750 £999 + VAT (twin axle 10" wheels)

Apparently the Minno has 5 year warranty and the club only 1 year, so obviously less metal used in making the Club range.

Giles,

I've got a Club ( twin axle) and it seems to work fine for me. Only bit 'missing' is the support legs that allow you to load/ offload without being hitched to the car although axle stands work fine. Believe it's a bit thinner than the Minno.

MikeW

W89 TVV Car no 79

I phoned Brian James a couple of months ago when contemplating (for a nanosecond) about buying a trailer).

Although the club looks small and lightweight, it is in fact wider than the minno, and won't fit into a standard garage.

I was told the length wasn't a problem as there'd be a little overhang. If width isn't an issue - go for the club ....

Are you sure the Club is wider than a Minno??? I'm pretty sure my Club 750 is either the same width or narrower. It's definetly shorter..

As a trailer it's excellent, easy to manoeurve easy to tow the only problem I've had is that the rear lights seem to let water in and need cleaning occasionally.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 25 Oct 2002 16:35:33

from the brian james web site it appears that both have a bed size of the same 1.65m (5ft 5in), the minno has an overall width of 2.03 m (6ft 8 in) however it doesn't say what the overall width of the club 750 is.

The club 750 sems to have different covers over the wheels Vs the minno, but that maybe to do with if you spec 10" or 13" wheels.

Rob (still looking for a tralier share in berkshire *smile* )

I bought a Woodford. Its much cheaper than the Brian James.

Woodford used to make all the parts for brian james, until recently. And the trailer builder at woodford used to work for Brian James for 14 years!

I got a minno equivalent, for 1K+VAT, new.

Also, they can do it with a 5ft9 width bed (as opposed to the minnos 5ft5) and it still fits in a standard garage.

Very nice trailer, you'd be mad to buy a brian james if you compare the two trailers, quality and money wise.

Cheers,

Ed

I have a Minno but recently saw a Woodford trailer at a track day. If I was buying a trailer right now, I'd give serious consideration to the Woodford range as the quality at first glance seems on a par.

My Minno was new this summer and cost £2,750. The Woodford has as standard a lot of the things the Minno requires as options. When you start to spec up a Minno, the cost will easily go above £2k.

That said, the Minno seems to me to be top quality trailer and I'm very happy with mine. You can be assured with Brian James that the product is well proven and will last a long time. If chosing a Minno vs Club, I'd look not just at the basic trailer but what other things you can add. It's testament to the Minno that it's by far the most popular trailer for Caterham owners.