Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Coalbrookdale Darby - Wood Burning Stove

DaveMorris

I will soon be removing one of these beautiful cast iron stoves, and replacing it with something more pleasing to my wife. This, and the fact that the heat output of this fire is too great for the room that it is in, are the only reasons to change.

(I almost needed a quick jolt of the defibrillator after realising quite how much a replacement fire + installation was going to cost 😳)

The fire is currently fitted with a back-boiler.

(Note - It is possible, by purchasing a few bits, to convert this to a non-boilered fire. Bits are not cheap however)

I got this fire from a fellow blatchatter a few years ago and stripped various parts, replaced a few parts and re-painted, after which it looked like new. Has been quite well used over the last couple of winters.

WHen I collected the stove there was a small crack in the front face (above left hand door) which had to be pointed out to me. The length of the crack has not grown at all in the last 3 years.

Will be for sale with all parts to enable burning of either wood or coal + various sections/bends of 8" diameter satin black stove-pipe.

Pictures can be made available if required.

I have absolutely no idea what price to put this up for, though realise that I'll get some bright spark pointing out "the rules of posting in the For Sale section" if I don't - so I'll put £550.

Any-one who is interested in the fire can make what offer they think is reasonable.

Please note that :-

I WILL remove the fire from our lounge and place it on a heavy duty Euro-pallet.

I WILL NOT post. (The fire + associated bits weigh in at >250kg).

If you have a carrier who would collect from my home at a time convenient for me then that is also o.k.

I WOULD PREFER collection, and would use my engine crane, if possible, to lift the fire onto the trailer of the person collecting it.

COULD, at a push, deliver - though my free time is limited over the next couple of months.

If you want to know more then feel free to ask,

Dave