Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

What's it worth?

Paul-R

Viewed a seven today. Details as follows:

97P

1.6 Supersport

Standard Car

Caterham Yellow

Needs a bit of TLC including some paintwork, powder coating suspension, minor chassis repairs. I am looking for mainly a track car.

Car is up for £8,000, seems reasonable, plus £1,000 for tidying. Is £9,000 reasonable for such a car?

Advice gratefully received.

Paul

01279 636534

It depends on what you mean by minor chassis repairs - if it just needs repainting then no problem (covered several times elsewhere) but if it needs 'unbending' I'd talk to Bruce at Arch motors to get an idea of the repair cost. All the stuff that goes along with mending a chassis such as stripping the chassis down, painting and rebuilding can get costly unless you do it yourself

Other than that then yes, its a very good price.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings. Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️

sounds VERY cheap. I assume its got std brakes, 5 speed box, K series, Dedion, GRP wings, 3 pt belts, std roll bar, no LSD etc etc.

but its still very cheap. If the skin needs removing to get at the chassis to repair it you'll go quite a way past 1000 quid. A full paint job is well over 500 plus transporting the car to the painters and back.

Take LOTS of pictures and get the to Bruce at Arch would be my advice.

If its just paintwork and powdercoat on the chassis then its not a problem.

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU

I just bought a 95 1.4K SS for for around £8K 55K miles that needed a bit of TLC. Most of the minor repairs got sorted in the price leaving me with some minor cosmetics.

I'd say £8K is a good price as long as the Chassis repairs only involve copious amounts of Hammerite.

I'll be starting this job at the weekend :(