Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bicycletrip Monte Cassino (Italy) 2012 raising money for NtL --> postponed

J.Smit

A couple of years have passed since my last successful attempt to raise money for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research Fund with my long distance bicycle trip around the North Sea in 2009 (5365 km in 8 weeks), an event that raised a total of € 2047.00 which made it all really worthwhile, including the 15 kg I lost in bodyweight.

Due to circumstances I have not spent much time getting the bicycle trip promoted yet so I need to do a bit of catching up here. The plan for this year is to do a return trip to Monte Cassino (130 km South of Rome) in Italy (one needs a goal) which will be something in the region of 5200 km in all. The route will take me via Germany and Austria [Arlberg and Reschenpass] to Italy and probably on the way back a small de-tour via Switzerland [splugenpass], France - to catch up on those tasty croissants - and Belgium.

Sincerely hope to break my personal fundraising record as this will be the 5th. time I do a bit of cycling to raise money for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research Fund. As always I will do the burning of calories and trust members will dig deep in to their pockets for a bit of cash for the good cause. Will keep you posted on the progress leading up to D-Day (Departure Day).

As a small token of my appreciation I will send a personal postcard from Monte Cassino to all those who will contribute £ 20.00 or more to NtL (by that time I will be half way). Come on, dig deep in to your pockets, the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research Fund needs your financial support.

Check out my websites for details and further information:

Personal website 'Bicycle trip Monte Cassino';

Justgiving donation page.

http://www.westernfront.nl/lrf2012/routekaart.jpg

Edited by - JanSmit on 26 Jul 2012 21:25:44

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Need to cancel the trip due to unforeseen circumstances ☹️. Will contact those who already contributed to NtL via seperate email. Was really looking forward to it but need to postpone the trip to a later date (2013?). Sorry guys.

Edited by - JanSmit on 24 Jul 2012 11:25:34