Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slow to load

St Eve

During the past few weeks several forums have been very slow to load, notably Tech Talk and Aggregated. Could this be because all past page numbers are now duplicated before the list of subjects, as well as after the list? Perhaps this implies that the total list of threads should be thinned out; for example, anything older than a certain date should be deleted. This is standard server practice as far as I know.

I have it set to "one month". Aggregated just took a full 47 seconds to load and shows 5817 pages both before and after the subjects. I am running a fairly new iMac with otherwise sparkling performance.

Quoting St Eve: 
Perhaps this implies that the total list of threads should be thinned out; for example, anything older than a certain date should be deleted. This is standard server practice as far as I know.

NO! - there is a goldmine of useful stuff in there.

I normally set mine to '5 days' - If I want anything older, I use the search facility. If you are seeing 5,817 pages in Aggregated, that is what I see if I select 'Show All Topics', not 'One month'. By loading so many threads, you are surely using far more server resource and bandwidth than you need to...

Edit to add: I think you need to delete your Blatchat cookie(s) and try again.

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 15 May 2012 08:06:53