Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough results

skydragon

although not as consistent as Simon, best was 2.18 and I think regularly under 2.3, If memory serves me right. However watching Simon off the line you could hear and see the benefit along the start straight way beyond the 64ft point *thumbup*

I have found that it is not always that easy to get the busa off the line, really fine line between success and wheel spinning failure. Just need to find a method that works for you *thumbup*

I will throw my hat in with an all human 2nd gear 2.15 sec start on the only run that counted 😬 *wavey*

The consistency of Simon's launch's were pretty impressive *thumbup* If only they could of been a tad faster eh *tongue* (I don't mean it really, you were plenty fast enough *thumbup*)

• Area Representative

How about 7 starts all within .07 of a sec

I must check the settings of my traction control because I only managed five starts within 0.08sec with a slowest of 2.21sec (P1) *wink*

There is always August 😬 May get the traction control working by then also to try and keep the damn thing straight.

Looking at the video I reckon there was 250 - 500 revs to much at initial launch. So I will have to program some maps that start a touch lower.

As Rob pointed out though it was the second part of the start that seemed fast. It as simply knowing it was going to look after itself and I could concentrate on the rest of the run. I have never been anywhere near the best starter so for me to sit back and relax with a certain 2.3 was fantastic.

On the other hand the best start I have ever seen in a Caterham went to Mr Williams on the last run. It nearly stalled but eventually gave Adrian a 2.00sec dead. I think I have seen Mr Nelson do a 2.08 or 2.04 in the past also.

Great starts that put my 2.3 starts to shame..

Don't believe the speeds over the line though. It was the first time I broke the 100mph barrier, but the data logger said I maxed out at 98.5.

Steve

Edited to say the above relates to the Saturday BMMC meeting...

Edited by - sjmmarsh on 14 May 2012 18:16:20

Just found the results sheet

My 2.10 secs, was fastest 64ft time of the day!

Thanks to Paul F for the tyre warming tip.

....just need to get the other 2000ft sorted now *smile* or start a career in drag racing

Edited by - skydragon on 14 May 2012 19:08:03