Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K series Pulley

AshleyBanks

Is this the correct pulley for a k series engine. Is there a cheaper alternative?

My alternator pulley is fowling on dry sump tensioner since replcaing my engine with a VVC and VVC engine mount so I guess this would fix the problem as the alternator pulley looks the same size as the dry sump pulley.

Also what size belt would I require? I assume the belt for the dry sump would be the same size?

Alternator : 5PK655

Scavenger pump : 3PK 0763

would Darren take the pulley back in the unlikely event it didn't fit?

I'm going to order these belts from Camberley Auto factors, do you want me to get 2 sets (they're not in stock ..)

but please reply to Ashley with further information, as he already knows my set up!

Edited by - johnv on 15 May 2012 13:31:47

• Leadership Team

The pulley you refer to is the R500 crank pulley - smaller drive for the alternator reducing the alternator speed and also it is solid without the rubber cush-drive. I have one of these fitted and couldn't get any belt to fit that Caterham supplied - eventually I simply measured what I needed and ordered from Camskill. Getting a definitive answer from Caterham on anything so technical is like pulling hens teeth.

If you have the standard K-Series crank pulley and the standard Caterham d/s pulley they should not foul - the d/s tensioner is part of the pump cradle assembly and is not affected by differing engine mounts. In fact it's no different than the o/e Rover install when it was a power steering pump fitment.

Stu.

• Support Team
I had the same problem as you but solved it by spacing the tensioner away from the pump cradle with a couple of washers. I checked the DS belt run and it is still straight.