Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Its all got to go!!, full outit 7, trailer and tow car!!

groutledge

☹️ The school fees are biting hard so I can no longer afford my hobby!, my days of bundling with grigsby are over!.

My 7

95 Q yellow and ali LA Xflow, maintained regardless of cost and damn quick with it:

- 1 year old Roger King 155bhp Xflow to usual spec, inc dry sump, oil cooler and Weber mapped ignition.

- 17k miles

- Brand new ford axle with LSD and 4.1 diff

- wide track

- Nitron adjustable dampers

- wilwood 4pot big brake kit ( vented spotted discs and ferodo DS2500 pads)

- a selection of seats!

- full weather and JPE screens and SPA mirrors

- 3 sets wheels and tyres, SS 32r, 8 acb10s( 4 on rims 4 spare), cut slick wets ( only used briefly), all on weller steels.

- Repackable TechCraft silencer

- Tons of spares etc.

- new MOT, all work done by 7 workshop and I have a mountain of bills to show

- Great ride and easily adjustable for track use

Quite frankly makes SLs look a bit silly and slow!, with real LA handling!! I've never been passed by an SL and I've taken out a few SLRs and VXs in it.. On 6" ACB10 it will corner as quick as a slick shod SL, ( from experience ) and all while enjoying lovely tail lead drifts.

My trailer less than year old

- PRG minitech ( same as minno)

- long ramps

- wheel rack

- winch

- stands

- Tow CAR

- 99 T Peugeot 406V6 auto 80K miles, silver

- leather elec seatsm air con FSH fully loaded, sat nav blah blah

Lovely car, best I've ever owned.

Am looking to sell it all as a package and will only split if the 7 goes first. I'm gutted about this and am only doing this because I can't really afford track days any more and frankly driving on the Queens highway is a waste of time in a 7.

£17k the lot

7 £10k

trailer £1k5

Peugeot £5k5

P.S I'm not sure about this *eek* *eek* *eek*

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 14:50:11

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 14:53:07

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 15:53:38

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 15:57:02

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 16:25:33

Sulk and take some maths lessons I think. I'm not sure I really want to do this *smile* so please,please try to talk me out of it. I've done my sums and everything I've got coming is now going straight out again.

If it was sat in the garage it would only bug me that I wasn't thrashing it around Spa, it's a bit like waving food to a starving man!!

Please everyone either give me £17k or tell me I'm being daft!!!

G

Edited by - groutledge on 22 Oct 2002 15:59:11

Lock the garage for a year.. car on stands ... pocket the money for a year (insurance, tax, fuel, track day costs,etc) then get back out in your pride and joy a year later.

Just imagine how fast it will feel with a year off....

I know if I sold mine I wouldn't ever be able to justify another one. Even if I could, it wouldn't be 'mine'.

Don't do it!

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

Forget the school fees By the time they reach university entrance age, the only way into college will be via the state system old boy, so keep the car, your sanity and to keep the wife happy,take her for a few quiet weekends away with the extra money you save on not having to buy stupid uniforms at John Lewis *mad*

Explain to the children that you will be such a Grumpy Old G*t if you are made to sell the car, and that they'll be better off at the local state school - not only will they come top of the class, but you'll be able to afford treats for them too *wink*

If necessary, move house to an area where the local state school has done well in the league tables, BUT DON'T SELL THE CAR!

This car sounds tooooooo niceeeeeee to sell & that come from a WESTF1ELD owner.

My mate went to a fee paying school & hated it (although he is intelegent) too much pressure. Education is inportant but in the end whats it all for so you can afford to have fun?

What's a Seven for?

Remorgage the house sell stuff (NOT the seven!) *eek*

West is best!!!!

Wow this is proving popular!!!!.

Roland, the car's at the 7 workshop at the moment, I'm having the front dampers refreshed and my new axle is going back to SPC for a bit of warranty work.

I didn't think LA X-flows were still popular!!, I thought everyone wanted namby pamby K's with engine's made from linered egg boxes and rubber head gaskets!!. 😬

I must admit this is killing me, I've just got the bloody thing how I want it and now I can't afford to play with it any more!. It's not the prettiest 7 in the world I'll admit, I haven't wasted money on pointless (and expensive) carbon bits that save all of 3oz and some of the wings are a bit crazed but those bits are cheap anyway and I'd rather spend the money making it go faster and handle better!!,. All my 7 owning friends think I'm mental! for selling it now!.

I'm not realy a power junkie hence the modest bhp and at the end of the day a well built (RK) Xflow will just go on and on, it doesn't even use oil!. On the longer circuits I tend to back off on the straights anyway and then get back on it just before the corners after what's the point in blowing your car up on the boring bits!

All you De-Dion guys should have a crack in a sorted LA on ciruit to see what your missing!!, around a place like Cadwell it's hilarious!!

At the end of the day though track day fun is expensive and I don't like skimping on repairs etc for safety reasons, which is why I'm not sure if I can afford to carry on with it.

I must admit the keeping it in that garage on bricks for a year option sounds tempting as I'll never be able to get another.

I believe I'm what they call a SITCOM, ( which is apparently what Yuppies become although i'd never say i was one of those! )

Single Income Two Children Oppresive Morgage 😬

Here's Wavering

Graham

G,

Just listen to yourself, keep the car, mothball it for a year, put the kids in a nice state school, they'll only turn out to be complete faggots in a private school (ever seen 'If' !!!) and end up driving an MGF.

Best of Luck

Brian *thumbup*

My Dad used to own an immaculate Sunbeam Tiger (like an Alpine but with a 4.2 V8). Back in 1985 he sold it due to cashflow problems for £5000. He's regretted it ever since and now can't afford to replace it cos a good one costs about £10-15K. ☹️

So take everyone's advice and hold onto it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not necessarily going to spend the money on school fees. I've got a 7 because my hobby was track days and track driving and to be honest the 7 is the best car for the job ( especially an LA car! ). Unfortunately it's expensive hobby, not just for the days but also in terms of repairs and upkeep, engine rebuilds and tyres etc. It's that I can't afford any more. Being a family man I don't have much time for just blatting around and to be honest after track driving it feels a bit of a waste of time for me.

I can't ever see me having the money for it anymore, not just because of school fees but recently my circumstances have changed. I used to be a IT contractor before tax changes and the job market put paid to that. I did however have enough money put by so that we could pay all the bills and the mortgage etc. without me having to dip into my own salary for a couple of years. That's now dried up and so reality's biting. I just made the most of it while I could but now it's over really. I don't regret it though at least I won't go to my grave wishing I wish I'd driven Spa and Le Mans, Brands GP etc in a proper, fast car.

I Hope you can all understand why I'm doing this, really having it in the garage is like showing food to a starving man.

Believe me If i still had the funds I would only be selling to trade up!.

Graham