Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bu$$er...Gearbox oil change turns ugly.....

GPBox

Simple job....its raining so lets change the Gearbox (6 speed) oil....easy....crack off the filler plug no problem....next teh drain plug, again no problem...oil starts to drain, 'plop' what the hell was that !....$hit...fragments of 'shim' appear in drained oil !....like I said Bugger !........

so chaps, never taken the engine out before, it a 16 SS (which I assume I have to do to get the gearbox out ?).....can anyone point me at a good thread describing what needs to be done (I'm pretty handy with a spanner)...also need to find an engine hoist !.....then call RR for a GB refurb !....thanks for any prompt advice !

Graham

oh, yes got a TD at Cadwell on 20 May !!!!....bugger !!!!!!

I recon it had got a little more 'notchy' over the last few months.....but thought I'd imagined it........am planning to go to LeMans and have a few TD's booked....don't want it to go pop while out and about.......better sort it now !

After a frantic week of trips to Road n Race (thanks Pete !) and frequent orders to CC (clutch, oil, spigot etc etc)...car put back together today......just been out for first test drive.......no leaks, good pressures.....little adjustment to clutch needed..........other than that SORTED *wink* *wink*

PS - the 'Hydraulic' removal method for the spigot worked a treat, 2 minutes, 3 taps of the hammer...job done (thanks again to Pete for the old gearbox drive shaft)...worked perfectly for this job and as a clutch alignment tool !...

and thanks to Simon (Shad) for the hoist....great bit of kit, and Andy (Grenpayne) for helping extract the mota' last weekend !.

and another *thumbup* for Road n Race.....great service Pete !

G

back to happy Track day action, Cadwell in 2 weeks *cool*....