Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Diesel chip tuning

Quoting 7 wonders of the world: 
bertie,

I agree, the cheap ones make the ECU see cold running values by alter the duration, some really cheap ones are merely a resistor in a box giving a false value to the ECU from the coolant NCT.

However I've not seen inside some of the circe £300 units that offer multi maps or adaptive features hence the post to gain other members expirences compared to my full remap with Superchips.

The DTUK boxes and the like just plug in line with the CR pressure sensor and alter the value the ECU sees thus upping the fuel rail pressure, they don't go anywhere near or alter anything in the ECU at all.

There are versions that intercept injector pulses, but IMHO you either do a proper job and remap it with DMS or Superchips, or don't bother.

These add on boxes don't have to meet any of the OEM design rules and don't go though the product validation for OEM.

I wouldn't trust them.

Edited by - bertie on 27 Apr 2012 21:48:23

Quoting bertie: 
Quoting taffyracer: 
Quoting Dave Jackson: 
C63 coupe you say 🥰 😶‍🌫️

Aye, I succumbed to the lure of the V8, i tried very hard to convince myself that I needed to stay with another diesel baby mobile for a few more years, but the lure of the dark side was too strong, that and the leasing costs were stupid cheap!

There is something deeply satisfying about a large V8 in a smallish car!

My wife has t BMW M3 with the 4.0 V8 in and it's just awesome at everything!

E92 M3 is a great all round car, i ran one for 2 years before the X6, the engine was just sublime

Quoting taffyracer: 
Quoting bertie: 
Quoting taffyracer: 
Quoting Dave Jackson: 
C63 coupe you say 🥰 😶‍🌫️

Aye, I succumbed to the lure of the V8, i tried very hard to convince myself that I needed to stay with another diesel baby mobile for a few more years, but the lure of the dark side was too strong, that and the leasing costs were stupid cheap!

There is something deeply satisfying about a large V8 in a smallish car!

My wife has t BMW M3 with the 4.0 V8 in and it's just awesome at everything!

E92 M3 is a great all round car, i ran one for 2 years before the X6, the engine was just sublime

We are going o/t from an o/t here but you are bang on!

The DCT box is great too.

If I had to get rid of all my cars and could only keep one it would have to be the M3 as it just can do everything , fit the kids in, cruise, wife can bumble about in it, but you can also light it up and go like hell.

Great car.