Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Injecting a crossflow

DaveMorris

For those who have injected their crossflows - I may be posting a few questions on here in the coming months.

First one - did you use the Bosch cream injectors (0280 150 744). Capacity seems to be correct.

Or are these too long, forcing use of the shorter Pico injector.

(For those who have already decided that my actions are not rational i.e. "Injecting a crossflow" - I agree with you. But I'm still gonna do it)

Dave

(Edited to spell "Crossflow" correctly )

Edited by - DaveMorris on 22 Apr 2012 10:39:30

Quoting DaveMorris: 

(For those who have already decided that my actions are not rational i.e. "Injecting a corssflow" - I agree with you. But I'm still gonna do it)

*thumbup*

I would pro bably aim for a more modern injector than the cream one - due to the spray pattern.

I think Jorgen used VVC EU3 injectors or something like that.

*arrowup*Blasphemy!!! He doesn't do engines with the suffix "tec" in them. Asking Dave to part with his xflow is like asking him to sacrifice one of his children! 😳 *tongue* 😬.

Dave *wavey*, does this mean the rest of the car is back together or are you doing my trick of being sidetracked by the shiny bits? *cool*

Giles

Must get round to doing a promised article for Lowflying on this.

A very worthwhile upgrade IMHO:

- much smoother power delivery

- better fuel consumption

- starts and ticks over better

- sounds wonderful

- if you change engines, many of the bits can be transferred over

But:

- same power at top end though

- expensive

- time consuming

Andy (Omex ECU and Jenvey TBs)

My crossflow has Pico IWP042 injectors which can flow 250cc a minute which is a bit more than the cream Bosch. They are deliberately overspecced for the engine in case I decide to change to a much more powerful engine. According to the rolling road operator even at max power their duty cycle is a bit too low on my crossflow.

The Bosch cream may be a better bet as even they can produce over 220hp in a Vauxhall.

Oliver - plan to use Jenvey, tapered 45-40mm TB's. Not sure yet whether to use an MBE 967 that I have in the cupboard or go for an Emerald K6.

Brian - there's no real logic to it. It is not to provide more power, better economy, be more dirveable, or to fill in "flat spots". It is very much HEART not HEAD desire to inject the old x-flow, same heart thing that means I will NOT put a Ford Axle in the back of it, but will probably end up fitting one of the SPC axles. *confused*

Conversely, I DON'T want to inject the Vx - because I want it to remain relatively close to original spec (though this wish may change with time).

Dave.

Unfortunately I don't think that Steve is currently making these axles, as he's going through a re-designing phase.

As a result my rebuild will probably start life being heavily overbreaked at the front. (though with my current rate of progress on the re-build,Steve may well get his redesign done WAY before I'm anywhere near ready for the road), D