Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump Pulley Removal

AshleyBanks

Advice needed please I need to remove the pulleys on the front of my K Series engine had a good go last weekend but doesn't wanna budge before I give it a good go this weekend can someone confirm that it is defintley not a left hand thread or something silly that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

• Leadership Team

Are you having difficulty removing the securing screw or the actual pulley?

Securing screw is normal RH thread but probably just very tight, but when it does move be careful that you are not just rotating the shaft inside the pulley!

If you get the screw out and the pulley is stuck, with the pump removed, refit the screw a turn short of completely in. Then, holding the pulley securely tap the screw head sharply with a hammer - the tapered shaft should release from the pulley.

Stu.

• Support Team
If you are talking about the pulley on the front of the dry sump pump then no it isn't a LH thread. I normally stick a large allen key through one of the holes in the pulley which can then be jammed against the pump cradle to prevent the pulley from turning while you undo the bolt.

sforshaw,

The actual bolt won't budge so havn't got to taking the pulley off yet so thanks will give that a go on Sat if I get the bolt out.

Shaun_E,

Sorry no I meant the pully on the engine need to remove it as I am putting the dry sump on another engine and need the double pulley. I have purchased an impact wrench for the job just wanna make sure I am not missing anything.