Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shock absorber recomendations

bertie

Bertie,

Remember there are cost differences to consider too so not always like for like ☹️

Standard Nitrons used to be under £1,000 but are now circa £1,200 I think.

Nitrons by Meteor are slightly more at £1,400 ish.

Black Art Designs £1,500 ish.

Ohlins ............. and it goes on *eek*

Just for the purposes of finishing the story, I've spoken to Simon and a more helpfull chap you couldn't wish for, thanks.

I've ordered a full set of Meteor Nitrons with double springs (mian one plus a tender spring) should be with me in about 3 weeks.

Can't wait for the rain to stop and try them out!

Cheers

Bertie,

Out of interest what spring rates did you go for ... or is this sensitive information 😬

How does the tender spring work ? Does this just add an element of progressiveness to the rate thus helping traction and compliance for the initial part of the travel 🤔

( They are very Blingtastic BTW *eek* *eek* *eek* )

Quoting Simon Owen: 
Bertie,

Out of interest what spring rates did you go for ... or is this sensitive information 😬

How does the tender spring work ? Does this just add an element of progressiveness to the rate thus helping traction and compliance for the initial part of the travel 🤔

( They are very Blingtastic BTW *eek* *eek* *eek* )

Spring rates...dunno, as advised by Simon @ Meteor based on my usage of mainly road with the odd track day.

Tneder spring...yes as far as I understand it that's it, apparently helps the ride a lot too on the road.

You can never have too much bling (you should see me other car for bling!)

• 1 month later...

Update to bring the thread full circle...

Received my Nitrons from Simon @ Meteor, fitted them at the weekend and set the car up as he suggested.

Wow, what a differance!!

I can't believe the change its made to the way the car feels, so much more planted, much more feel and feedback, but also much more comfortable.

Gone is the patter and high frequency jiggle through the car and steering I used to get.

I'm very happy, yes they aren't cheap but sometimes you do get what you pay for!!